Missouri S&T is known for its engineering programs, but the collection of Student Works shows much more. One of the nation’s best technological research universities, S&T offers degrees in liberal arts and humanities as well as STEM disciplines, all with a unique technological focus.
S&T theses and dissertations date from 1876 and include writings from the university's early days of Mining and Metallurgy to today’s research in Biological Sciences, Ceramics, Chemistry, Explosives Engineering, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, to name just a few.
In addition to theses and dissertations, the Student Research & Creative Works collection includes:
- Honors Academy senior theses, products of original scholarship, research, or creative activity
- Capstone Projects
- Student scholarly works which have been sponsored by S&T faculty, published in peer reviewed journals, or presented at conferences.
- OURE and the Undergraduate Research Conference
- Southwinds: The Literary and Arts Magazine of Missouri S&T.
- Peer to Peer, a cross-disciplinary peer reviewed and open access undergraduate student research journal, produced by students in S&T's Research and Writing program.
- Podcasts created as part of classroom assignments showcasing undergraduate work.
- Art work by undergraduate and graduate students showing not only their creativity but often an interesting technological twist.