Policies for Student Podcasts
Scholars' Mine, the institutional repository for the Missouri University of Science and Technology is an online collection of scholarly and creative works produced by the faculty, staff, and students.
Who Can Submit to Student Podcasts
Only students of the Missouri University of Science and Technology in conjunction with an official course or university sponsor may submit to Student Podcasts. All submissions are reviewed and approved by the instructor or sponsor and the library before final publication. For additional information, please contact Curtis Laws Wilson Library.
Rights and Permissions
Before submitting to Student Podcasts, please be sure that all necessary permissions have been cleared. You retain the copyright to your podcast and grant us the nonexclusive right to publish this material, meaning that you may also publish it elsewhere.
It is necessary that you agree to the terms of publishing in our non-exclusive license agreement.
The library takes reasonable steps to ensure that the materials held within Scholars' Mine are accurate and authentic. Materials are made available in accordance with publisher policies and/or compliance with U.S. copyright and intellectual property laws and are not intended for removal except in keeping with internal policy or upon receipt of a valid and proven request for removal. Requests for removal must be in written form specifying reasons why the material should not be available in Scholars' Mine.
Please express your concern if you believe that material in Scholars' Mine:
- infringes on your or another’s copyright.
- is in violation of patent law or infringes upon a patent-pending claim.
- is in violation of a pre-existing contractual agreement with the research sponsors.
To submit a request for removal, send an email or letter including:
- your contact details.
- material description(s) and URL(s).
- nature of the complaint.
- acknowledge receipt of the request.
- remove the material from Scholars' Mine while the request is investigated.
- investigate the validity of the claims and seek to verify the identity and authority of the person(s) making the request.
- follow university policy and seek legal advice if required.
- contact the involved parties concerning the findings of the investigation and the resolution of the request.
- The material is returned to Scholars' Mine without any changes.
- The material is returned to Scholars' Mine with changes or under restricted access.
- The material is permanently removed from Scholars' Mine. However, a citation of the material may remain in Scholars' Mine.
Scholarly Communications Librarian
Curtis Laws Wilson Library
Missouri University of Science and Technology
400 W. 14th St.
Rolla, MO 65409-0060
When a request is received the library will:
The library will seek to resolve the request to the satisfaction of all parties. Possible outcomes include: