Structural, magnetic and electric transport properties of metal substituted La₀.₇Sr₀.₃MnO₃
"In order to understand the structural related magnetic and transport properties of substituted perovskites La₀.₇Sr₀.₃MnO₃ (LSMO), we studied th effects of replacing some of the Mn with Ti, Zr, and Cu atoms. The structural, magnetic and electrical phase transitions and transport properties of these compounds were investigated by neutron diffraction, magnetization, electric resistivity, and in addition for Cu, theoretical band structure calculations. These abnormal behaviors relative to the parent manganite perovskite are explained by the competition between the double exchange and super exchange interactions, local John-Teller distortion, the dilution of magnetic ordering by the formation of AF clusters, the change of electron carrier density and band structure, and complex interactions between electrons, phonons, and polarons"--Abstract, page iv.
Parris, Paul Ernest, 1954-
James, William Joseph
Yelon, William B.
Pringle, Oran Allan
Ph. D. in Physics
University of Missouri--Rolla
Journal article titles appearing in thesis/dissertation
- Structural, magnetic and electric transport properties of metal substituted Lanthanum Strontium Manganese Oxides
- Structure, magnetic and transport properties of Ti-substitutedLa₀.₇Sr₀.₃MnO₃
- Structural, magnetic and transport properties of Zr-substituted La₀.₇Sr₀.₃MnO₃
- Effect of Cu-doping on the magnetic and transport properties of La₀.₇Sr₀.₃MnO₃
- Electronic structure of La₀.₇Sr₀.₃Mn₁₋ₓCuₓO₃ (0.0 ≤ x ≤ 0.30)
- Comparative properties of substituted manganite perovskite
xvi, 143 pages
© 2006 Minseob Kim, All rights reserved.
Dissertation - Citation
Neutrons -- Diffraction
Print OCLC #
Link to Catalog Record
Full-text not available: Request this publication directly from Missouri S&T Library or contact your local library.http://merlin.lib.umsystem.edu/record=b5842293~S5
Kim, Minseob, "Structural, magnetic and electric transport properties of metal substituted La₀.₇Sr₀.₃MnO₃" (2006). Doctoral Dissertations. 1684.
Share My Dissertation If you are the author of this work and would like to grant permission to make it openly accessible to all, please click the button above.