Fundamentals of Enhanced Oil Recovery Methods for Unconventional Oil Reservoirs
Fundamentals of Enhanced Oil Recovery Methods for Unconventional Oil Reservoirs, Volume 67 provides important guidance on which EOR methods work in shale and tight oil reservoirs. This book helps readers learn the main fluid and rock properties of shale and tight reservoirs -- which are the main target for EOR techniques -- and understand the physical and chemical mechanisms for the injected EOR fluids to enhance oil recovery in shale and tight oil reservoirs. The book explains the effects of complex hydraulic fractures and natural fractures on the performance of each EOR technique.
The book describes the parameters affecting obtained oil recovery by injecting different EOR methods in both the microscopic and macroscopic levels of ULR. This book also provides proxy models to associate the functionality of the improved oil recovery by injecting different EOR methods with different operating parameters, rock, and fluid properties. The book provides professionals working in the petroleum industry the know-how to conduct a successful project for different EOR methods in shale plays, while it also helps academics and students in understanding the basics and principles that make the performance of EOR methods so different in conventional reservoirs and unconventional formations.
D. Alfarge et al., "Fundamentals of Enhanced Oil Recovery Methods for Unconventional Oil Reservoirs,", vol. 67 Elsevier, Sep 2020.
Geosciences and Geological and Petroleum Engineering
International Standard Book Number (ISBN)
Table of Contents
- Introduction of shale and tight oil reservoirs
- CO2-EOR in shale and tight oil reservoirs
- Comparative analysis between CO2-EOR mechanisms in conventional reservoirs versus shale and tight reservoirs
- Natural Gases Based EOR Versus CO2-EOR in Shale and Tight Oil Reservoirs
- Air injection in shale and tight oil reservoirs
- Water injection in shale and tight oil reservoirs
- Chemical EOR methods for unconventional reservoirs
- Selection Criteria for Miscible-Gases Based EOR in ULR
- Other EOR methods
- The effects of nanopore confinement on different EOR methods
- The impacts of geomechanics coupling on different EOR methods
- Comparative and optimization of the most applicable EOR methods
© 2020 Elsevier, All rights reserved.
08 Sep 2020