Plantwide Process Control
The complete control system engineering solution for continuous and batch manufacturing plants.
This book presents a complete methodology of control system design for continuous and batch manufacturing in such diverse areas as pulp and paper, petrochemical, chemical, food, pharmaceutical, and biochemical production. Geared to practicing engineers faced with designing increasingly more sophisticated control systems in response to present-day economic and regulatory pressures, Plantwide Process Control focuses on the engineering portion of a plant automation improvement project. It features a full control design information package (Control Requirements Definition or CRD), and guides readers through all steps of the automation process-from the initial concept to design, simulation, testing, implementation, and operation. This unique and practical resource:
- Integrates continuous, batch, and discrete control techniques.
- Shows how to use the methodology with any automation project-existing or new, simple or complex, large or small
- Relates recent ISO and ISA standards to the discipline of control engineering
- Illustrates the methodology with a pulp-and-paper mill case study
- Incorporates numerous other examples, from single-loop controllers to multivariable controllers.
K. T. Erickson and J. L. Hedrick, "Plantwide Process Control," Wiley, Apr 1999.
Electrical and Computer Engineering
International Standard Book Number (ISBN)
© 1999 Wiley, All rights reserved.
01 Apr 1999