Keywords and Phrases
Anchorage; Durability; Fatigue; Flexure; FRCM; Shear
“Externally bonded fiber reinforced cementitious matrix (FRCM) for structural members was tested and evaluated as a new class of composite material for repairing and strengthening infrastructures. In comparison with fiber reinforced polymer (FRP) composites, FRCM composite has a superior high temperature resistance and great compatibility with concrete substrates. Experimental investigation is ongoing in the United States to evaluate the structural and durability performance of FRCM composite to be implemented in field applications. This experimental program consisted of testing 12 strengthened reinforced concrete (RC) beams to study the fatigue and flexure performance under environmental exposure and sustained stress, 10 strengthened RC beams to study the influence of FRCM composite in shear performance, 13 one-way RC slabs strengthened with three different composite types to evaluate their flexural performance, 30 FRCM concrete prisms to address the durability and bond performance of the FRCM composite, and 7 RC anchored-strengthened RC beams to delay the premature debonding failure of the FRCM composite under flexural loading. Experimental works demonstrated the effectiveness of FRCM composite on enhancing the fatigue, flexure, bond, and shear capacities of RC structural members. The durability performance of the FRCM composite in terms of resisting different exposure conditions such as freezing and thawing, high temperature and humidity cycles, alkaline solution, and salt solution were determined within reason. The conclusions and summary from this study open the door to use the FRCM composite for repairing and strengthening RC slab decks or RC beams for bridges”--Abstract, page iv.
Myers, John J.
Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering
Ph. D. in Civil Engineering
Re-Cast Tier1 University Transportation Center
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Journal article titles appearing in thesis/dissertation
- Fatigue and Flexural Behavior of Reinforced-Concrete Beams Strengthened with Fiber-Reinforced Cementitious Matrix
- Strengthening of Reinforced Concrete Beams in Shear with a Fabric-Reinforced Cementitious Matrix
- Mechanical and Durability Performance of Reinforced Concrete One-Way Slabs Strengthening in Flexural: Evaluation of Different Composite Materials
- Durability Performance of FRCM Composite Bonded to Concrete under Different Environmental Aging Conditions
- Experimental Investigation on Mechanical Performance of Anchorage Systems for Externally Bonded FRCM composite in Flexural Strengthening of RC beams
xiii, 185 pages
© 2016 Zena Riyadh Aljazaeri, All rights reserved.
Dissertation - Open Access
Electronic OCLC #
Aljazaeri, Zena Riyadh, "Rehabilitation and strengthening of reinforced concrete members using a fiber reinforced cementitious matrix composite" (2016). Doctoral Dissertations. 3087.