Keywords and Phrases
Concrete; Debonding; Fiber reinforced polymers; Nondestructive evaluation
“Externally bonding advanced composite materials to concrete structures is an effective way to improve their strength, ductility, and durability. The interfacial bond behavior is fundamental to understand the overall structural performance of concrete structures strengthened with advanced composite materials. This study includes a comprehensive investigation of the bond behavior of composite-concrete joints with different fiber reinforced composite types. First, a direct approach to determine the bond-slip relationship for fiber reinforced cementitious matrix (FRCM)-concrete joints based on fiber strain measurements was proposed. Then, an analytical solution to predict the full-range response of FRCM-concrete joints was derived by assuming a trilinear bond-slip relationship. The analytical results were compared with experimental load responses to indirectly determine the bond-slip relationship. Next, the experimental load response of steel fiber reinforced polymer (SRP)-concrete joints was explored by single-lap direct shear tests. Lastly, a novel non-destructive evaluation method – active microwave thermography – was used to detect the existence of initial interfacial defects in carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP)-concrete joints, and to monitor the progressive debonding between CFRP and concrete”--Abstract, page iv.
Yan, Guirong Grace
Donnell, Kristen M.
Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering
Ph. D. in Civil Engineering
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Journal article titles appearing in thesis/dissertation
- Analytical bond-slip model for fiber reinforced cementitious matrix-concrete joints based on strain measurements
- Full-range behavior of fiber reinforced cementitious matrix (FRCM)-concrete joints using a trilinear bond-slip relationship
- Bond behavior between steel fiber reinforced polymers (SRP) and concrete
- Detection of CFRP-concrete interfacial debonding using active microwave thermography
- Nondestructive evaluation of initial defects and progressive debonding of cfrp-concrete joints using active microwave thermography (AMT)
xvi, 206 pages
© 2020 Xingxing Zou, All rights reserved.
Dissertation - Open Access
Electronic OCLC #
Zou, Xingxing, "Bond behavior of advanced fiber reinforced composite-concrete joints" (2020). Doctoral Dissertations. 2928.