"This mine, which is located about 3-1/2 miles southeast of Sullivan in the extreme northeast corner of Crawford County, Mo., was first known as the Sullivan and Bridoll Mine of the old Hamilton Iron Company. It has been operated discontinuously since about 1870. Until 1904 it was worked solely as an iron mine, but at that time development work for copper was started, and from 1905 to 1909 to mine treated only this metal. It is not known how many pounds of copper the mine has produced, but during one 20 day run in 1904 of which there is record, there were produced 22,500 pounds of copper, and the mine has been producing irregularly ever since this date"--History, page 1.
Cox, Guy Henry
B.S. in General Science
Missouri School of Mines and Metallurgy
ii, 21 pages
Crawford County (Mo.)
© 1916 Azmon Thurman Dunham, All rights reserved.
Thesis - Open Access
Copper mines and mining -- Missouri -- Crawford County
Geology -- Missouri -- Crawford County
Sinkholes -- Missouri -- Crawford County
Print OCLC #
Electronic OCLC #
Link to Catalog Recordhttp://merlin.lib.umsystem.edu/record=b1487977~S5
Dunham, Azmon Thurman, "A study of a certain filled-sink ore deposit" (1916). Bachelors Theses. 45.