Keywords and Phrases
Combinatorial; Multi-objective Optimization; System Of Systems; Track Inspection
"Multi-objective Optimization problems arise in many applications; hence, solving them efficiently is important for decision makers. A common procedure to solve such problems is to generate the exact set of Pareto efficient solutions. However, if the problem is combinatorial, generating the exact set of Pareto efficient solutions can be challenging. This dissertation is dedicated to Multi-objective Combinatorial Optimization problems and their applications in system of systems architecting and railroad track inspection scheduling. In particular, multi-objective system of systems architecting problems with system flexibility and performance improvement funds have been investigated. Efficient solution methods are proposed and evaluated for not only the system of systems architecting problems, but also a generic multi-objective set covering problem. Additionally, a bi-objective track inspection scheduling problem is introduced for an automated ultrasonic inspection vehicle. Exact and approximation methods are discussed for this bi-objective track inspection scheduling problem"--Abstract, page iii.
Dagli, Cihan H., 1949-
Engineering Management and Systems Engineering
Ph. D. in Systems Engineering
United States. Department of Defense. Systems Engineering Research Center
Missouri. Department of Transportation
University of Nebraska--Lincoln. Mid-America Transportation Center
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Journal article titles appearing in thesis/dissertation
- On the flexibility of systems in system of systems architecting
- A multi-objective military system of systems architecting problem with inflexible and flexible systems
- A decomposition method for solving multi-objective set covering problem
- Bi-objective system of systems architecting with performance improvement funds
- A decomposition approach for bi-objective mixed-integer linear programming problems
- Track inspection scheduling with time and safety considerations
xi, 177 pages
© 2017 Hadi Farhangi, All rights reserved.
Dissertation - Open Access
Electronic OCLC #
Farhangi, Hadi, "Multi-objective combinatorial optimization problems in transportation and defense systems" (2017). Doctoral Dissertations. 2559.