Analysis, occurrence and control of chloro-s-triazine endocrine disrupting chemicals in drinking water
"Chloro-s-triazine is a general term for a suite of triazine compounds including atrazine (ATZ), simazine (SIM), propazine (PROP), deethlatrazine (DEA), deisopropylatrazine (DIA), and didealkylatrazine (DDA), which have a common chloro-group on their chemical structures. Recent research has shown that ATZ and SIM, along with PROP, DEA, and DDA, may pose a common adverse health effect to human beings in terms of the endocrine disrupting mechanism. New regulations on chloro-s-triazine compounds based on their endocrine disrupting effect are currently under consideration by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. In this work, a series of projects were launched to investigate the occurrence of these chloro-s-triazine endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDC) in natural waters, how well the conventional water treatment plants treat these EDCs and how those contaminants can be controlled once they do enter water treatment plants"--Abstract, page iv.
Adams, C. D. (Craig D.)
Ludlow, Douglas K.
Burken, Joel G. (Joel Gerard)
Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering
Ph. D. in Civil Engineering
University of Missouri--Rolla
Journal article titles appearing in thesis/dissertation
- Determination of chloro-s-triazines including didealkylatrazine using solid phase extraction coupled with gas chromatography-mass spectrometry
- Accuracy and interferences for enzyme-linked immunoassay tests for atrazine
- Enzyme linked immunosorbent analysis (ELISA) of atrazine in raw and finished drinking water
- Occurrence and removal of chloro-s-triazines in water treatment plants
- Treatability of chloro-s-triazines by conventional drinking water treatment technologies
- Determination of chloro- and hydroxy-s-triazines by direct injection liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry
- Removal of chloro-s-triazine endocrine disrupting chemicals in drinking water by fixed bed granular activated carbon reactor and process simulation
xx, 265 pages
© 2006 Hua Jiang, All rights reserved.
Dissertation - Citation
Drinking water -- Contamination
Endocrine glands -- Effect of chemicals on
Triazines -- Environmental aspects
Water quality management
Water treatment plants
Print OCLC #
Link to Catalog Record
Full-text not available: Request this publication directly from Missouri S&T Library or contact your local library.http://merlin.lib.umsystem.edu/record=b5844006~S5
Jiang, Hua, "Analysis, occurrence and control of chloro-s-triazine endocrine disrupting chemicals in drinking water" (2006). Doctoral Dissertations. 1688.
Share My Dissertation If you are the author of this work and would like to grant permission to make it openly accessible to all, please click the button above.