Analysis of thermomechanical and failure behavior of refractory linings in a high temperature black liquor gasifier
Keywords and Phrases
Black liquor gasifier
"A coupled thermal-mechanical model accounting for chemical reaction is developed and implemented into a commercial finite element code to simulate the operational behavior of a high temperature black liquor gasifier. Furthermore, a continuum damage mechanics based analytical model is developed to study the failure behavior of the refractory linings of the gasifier. In the study, the heat transfer, thermomechanical behavior, and the failure modes of the gasifier components are investigated. The current work identifies the factors that affect the thermomechanical behavior of gasifier refractories and the steel shell. This work in addition to providing a mechanics and material science based method for the failure analysis of refractories, serves as a guide in the design of components of a BLG gasifier"--Abstract, page iv.
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Ph. D. in Engineering Mechanics
University of Missouri--Rolla
Journal article titles appearing in thesis/dissertation
- Review of black liquor gasification technology and a nonlinear finite element model of a high temperature style gasifier
- Heat transfer through a chemical reactive refractory wall of a black liquor gasifier
- Modeling of thermomechanical and failure behavior of refractory linings in a high temperature black liquor gasifier
- Transient stresses in refractory linings of a high temperature black liquor gasifier
- Modeling of failure in a high temperature black liquor gasifier refractory lining
- Simulation of the interface behavior of a high temperature black liquor gasifier
xiv, 165 pages
© 2005 Xiaoting Liang, All rights reserved.
Dissertation - Citation
Refractory materials -- Thermomechanical properties
Sulfate waste liquor
Heat -- Transmission
Print OCLC #
Link to Catalog Record
Full-text not available: Request this publication directly from Missouri S&T Library or contact your local library.http://merlin.lib.umsystem.edu/record=b5552852~S5
Liang, Xiaoting, "Analysis of thermomechanical and failure behavior of refractory linings in a high temperature black liquor gasifier" (2005). Doctoral Dissertations. 1619.
Share My Dissertation If you are the author of this work and would like to grant permission to make it openly accessible to all, please click the button above.