This policy is a set of guidelines for digital preservation, from which procedures can be developed with confidence that they meet accepted standards, effectively use resources, and support the mission and goals of the Library. Objectives of this policy are to:
- Describe the challenges associated with digital preservation.
- Explain the necessity of a digital preservation policy.
- Outline the principles on which digital preservation actions are based.
- State the scope of digital preservation activities, including sources and types of digital content that will be preserved.
- Define the strategies that will be performed to ensure the long-term preservation of digital resources.
- Identify stakeholders responsible for components of the digital preservation strategies.
- Define a policy review schedule.
Curtis Laws Wilson Library
Missouri University of Science and Technology
© 2017 Missouri University of Science and Technology, All rights reserved.
Creative Commons Licensing
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
Weaver, James Roger, "Policy - Scholars' Mine Digital Preservation" (2017). Scholars' Mine - Policies, Procedures and Guidelines. 5.