"The deposits of copper at present opened in shannon County belong to the Consolidated Land Company of Missouri. They are situated in the N.W. 1/4, N.E. 1/4, Sec. 36, Town. 29, Range 4, about one and a half miles south-westerly from Emminence, the county seat of Shannon County. The deposits were first opened and operated upon by Jos. Slater, who took out and shipped about 1500 tons of the ores to Swansea Wales for treatment. The ores consisted chiefly of Copper Glance, with small amounts of Azurite, Malachite and Cuprite"--page 2.
Mining and Nuclear Engineering
Professional Degree in Mining Engineering
Missouri School of Mines and Metallurgy
11 pages, 1 plate
Shannon County, Missouri
© 1876 John D. Greason, All rights reserved.
Thesis - Open Access
Library of Congress Subject Headings
Copper mines and mining -- Missouri -- Shannon County
Print OCLC #
Electronic OCLC #
Link to Catalog Record
Greason, John D., "Copper ores and deposits of Shannon County, Missouri" (1876). Professional Degree Theses. 5.