"The purpose of this thesis is to find the necessary and sufficient conditions for the design of compensators, following the concepts developed by Ross, Warren, Hsu and Sanden.
The main object that motivates this investigation is to design the lead or lag compensator networks for a given linear feedback system when there are these constraints.
- Gain of the system is constant.
- The steady-state error is invariant.
- The dominant poles of the closed-loop transfer function are specified.
Consideration of the problem is in two parts:
- a. Derivation of necessary and sufficient conditions of compensator design that fulfill the three constraints.
- b. An introduction of graphic procedures for analysis in the s-plane which indicates the multiplicity of compensator networks.
All the investigation was under the guidance of Dr. R. D. Chenoweth in Missouri School of Mines and Metallurgy of the University of Missouri"--Abstract, page ii.
Chenoweth, Robert D.
Nelson, John August
DeWoody, Robert T.
Scofield, Gordon L., 1925-1986
Electrical and Computer Engineering
M.S. in Electrical Engineering
Missouri School of Mines and Metallurgy
vi, 80 pages
© 1962 Keikhosrow Irani, All rights reserved.
Thesis - Open Access
Print OCLC #
Electronic OCLC #
Link to Catalog Record
Irani, Keikhosrow, "Linear feedback control system compensator design under specified constraints" (1962). Masters Theses. 2899.