"The goals of this study are four fold, they are: (1) to investigate the leaching behavior of arsenic and selenium from fly ash as well as their affecting factors; (2) to analyze the speciation of arsenic and selenium in fly ash leachate; (3) to develop a modeling approach to quantify the availability and stability of trace cationic elements in fly ash; (4) to apply this model to describe the leaching/adsorption behavior of arsenic and selenium on fly ash, as well as the calcium effect on arsenic (V) adsorption process"--Abstract, page iv.
Burken, Joel G. (Joel Gerard)
Adams, C. D. (Craig D.)
Chusuei, Charles C.
Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering
Ph. D. in Civil Engineering
Electric Power Research Institute
University of Missouri--Rolla
Journal article titles appearing in thesis/dissertation
- Adsorption characteristics of arsenic (V) onto a class F fly ash
- Calcium effect on arsenic (V) adsorption onto coal fly ash
- Leaching characteristics of selenium from coal fly ashes
- Quantifying the availability and the stability of trace cationic elements in fly ash
- Understanding the leaching behavior of arsenic and selenium for different types of coal fly ashes plants
xiv, 191 pages
© 2007 Tian Wang, All rights reserved.
Dissertation - Open Access
Library of Congress Subject Headings
Fly ash -- Environmental aspects
Leachate -- Environmental aspects
Print OCLC #
Electronic OCLC #
Link to Catalog Recordhttp://laurel.lso.missouri.edu/record=b6399010~S5
Wang, Tian, "The leaching behavior of arsenic, selenium and other trace elements in coal fly ash" (2007). Doctoral Dissertations. 2301.