Keywords and Phrases
Annual sector radiating line antenna (ANSERLIN); Partial element equivalent circuit (PEEC)
"A mobile, wide-band antenna system has been developed around the ANSERLIN antenna element and a 3-dB splitter design. The size of the antenna elements was reduced over previous versions by introducing dielectric substrates. Additionally, new variations of the antenna were designed to influence radiation characteristics. To further reduce the number of components in the array, a very low profile splitter was designed and mounted below one of the antenna elements, doubling as the return plane for the antenna. The partial-element equivalent circuit (PEEC) method has been used for 3D interconnect analysis and numerous other applications. Being based on the same ideas as the method of moments, the PEEC method generates dense matrices for its cell interactions. This thesis contains research focused on efficiently using a limited number of cells for accurate results. This has been approached with a hybrid method and also with grid refinements. Additionally, the accuracy of PEEC coupling over electrically long distances has been addressed using wide-band accurate partial parameter calculations"--Abstract, page iii.
Drewniak, James L.
DuBroff, Richard E.
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Ph. D. in Electrical Engineering
University of Missouri--Rolla
Journal article titles appearing in thesis/dissertation
- Adaptive meshing with a local equidistancing to reduce truncation error in PEEC formulations scattering and interconnect problems
- Analysis of distributed coupling along nonparallel traces using PEEC with a dynamic Green's function and phase term expansions
- Derivation of the PEEC method
- Hybrid PEEC-cavity models for interconnects on power buses
- Modeling and design of a ANSERLIN mobile antenna system
- Size reduction with dielectric substrates and beam stabilizing for ANSERLIN antenna geometries
- Three-dimensional interconnect and antenna analysis using a state-variable solution for PEEC, including excess capacitance
xvi, 137 pages
© 2007 Michael Andrew Cracraft, All rights reserved.
Dissertation - Open Access
Library of Congress Subject Headings
Print OCLC #
Electronic OCLC #
Link to Catalog Record
Cracraft, Michael A., "Mobile array designs with ANSERLIN antennas and efficient, wide-band PEEC models for interconnect and power distribution network analysis" (2007). Doctoral Dissertations. 2007.