"Three-dimensional laminar and turbulent separated flow and heat transfer in plane symmetric sudden expansion and plane backward facing step is examined in this dissertation. In Papers I, II, and III, simulations of 3-D laminar forced convection in plane symmetric expansion is studied...In Paper IV, 3-D turbulent flow measurements using Laser Doppler Velocimeter are made in a backward facing step flow and the three velocity components and the Reynolds stresses are measured in the separated and redeveloping flow region...In Paper V, the 2-D behavior of a thin film that is shear driven by turbulent air flow is simulated"--Abstract, page iv.
Armaly, B. F. (Bassem F.)
Isaac, Kakkattukuzhy M.
Clark, Stephen L.
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Ph. D. in Mechanical Engineering
National Science Foundation (U.S.)
United States. Department of Energy
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Journal article titles appearing in thesis/dissertation
- Bifurcated three-dimensional forced convection in plane symmetric sudden expansion
- Three-dimensional mixed convection in plane symmetric-sudden expansion: bifurcated flow regime
- Three-dimensional mixed convection in plane symmetric-sudden expansion: symmetric flow regime
- Measurements in three-dimensional separated flow
- Shear-driven liquid film in a duct
viii, 182 pages
© 2008 Magesh Thiruvengadam, All rights reserved.
Dissertation - Open Access
Library of Congress Subject Headings
Heat -- Convection
Laser Doppler velocimeter
Print OCLC #
Electronic OCLC #
Link to Catalog Record
Thiruvengadam, Magesh, "Three-dimensional laminar and turbulent convection in separated flow" (2008). Doctoral Dissertations. 1932.