"Data fusion is generally practiced to enhance decision or inference making capability. Sensor and information source data may often be corrupted by noise or other factors. Data fusion can be used to improve sensor and/or information source data quality and reliability and improve detection accuracy. There are several types of data fusion, including raw data level, feature level, and decision level.
This work presents the investigation and development of image and signal processing, computational intelligence, fuzzy logic, and statistical techniques for different types of data fusion for a varied range of applications. Raw data and decision level fusion approaches are investigated for detection and quantification of corrosion for structural health monitoring of aging aircrafts. Also, feature level fusion techniques are explored for detection of malignant melanoma from dermoscopy images of skin lesions, and the detection of abnormal growth in vertebrae of the spine in x-ray images"--Abstract, page iv.
Stanley, R. Joe
Stoecker, William V.
Moss, Randy Hays, 1953-
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Ph. D. in Electrical Engineering
University of Missouri--Rolla
Journal article titles appearing in thesis/dissertation
- Fusion of microwave and eddy current data for a multi-modal approach in evaluating corrosion under paint and in lap-joints
- Fusion of multimodal NDE data for improved corrosion detection
- Data fusion based approach for evaluation of material loss in corroded aluminum panels
- Detection of asymmetric blotches (asymmetric structureless areas) in dermoscopy images of malignant melanoma using relative color
- Fuzzy logic techniques in blotch feature evaluation for melanoma discrimination from dermoscopy images
- Detection of globules in dermoscopy images of malignant melanoma: absolute vs. relative color
- Fuzzy-based histogram analysis technique for skin lesion discrimination in dermatology dermoscopy images
- Size-invariant descriptors for detecting regions of abnormal growth in cervical vertebra
xv, 217 pages
© 2007 Kapil Gupta, All rights reserved.
Dissertation - Restricted Access
Library of Congress Subject Headings
Airplanes -- Corrosion
Eddy current testing
Image analysis -- Technique
Melanoma -- Diagnosis -- Computer programs
Multisensor data fusion
Structural analysis (Engineering)
Print OCLC #
Electronic OCLC #
Link to Catalog Record
Electronic access to the full-text of this document is restricted to Missouri S&T users. Otherwise, request this publication directly from Missouri S&T Library or contact your local library.http://laurel.lso.missouri.edu/record=b8546167~S5
Gupta, Kapil, "Data fusion techniques for health monitoring of aging aircraft and skin cancer detection" (2007). Doctoral Dissertations. 1803.
Share My Dissertation If you are the author of this work and would like to grant permission to make it openly accessible to all, please click the button above.