Microstructural control and superconducting properties of YBa₂Cu₃O₇₋ₓ melt textured single crystals
Keywords and Phrases
Critical current density; Y123 superconductors
"The high temperature superconductor has great potential for practical applications such as superconducting energy storage systems. Since the levitation force, required specifically for these applications, largely depends on the critical current density and loop size of the superconducting current, large-sized single crystals with high critical current density are desired. To achieve the goal in fabricating YBa₂Cu₃O₇₋ₓ(Y123) samples suitable for the applications, detailed and systematic studies are required to gain further understanding of the crystal growth and flux pinning mechanisms. This research is aimed at constituting a contribution to the knowledge base for the Y123 high temperature superconductor field by extending the study of processing conditions involved in controlling the microstructure of the Y123 superconductors for the enhancement of crystal growth and superconductor properties"--Abstract, leaf v.
Miller, F. Scott, 1956-
Schwartz, Robert W.
Anderson, H. U. (Harlan U.)
Switzer, Jay A., 1950-
Materials Science and Engineering
Ph. D. in Materials Science and Engineering
Boeing Company. Boeing Phantom Works
University of Missouri--Rolla. Materials Research Center
University of Missouri--Rolla
Journal article titles appearing in thesis/dissertation
- Effect of Y₂BaCuO₅ morphology and size in semisolid melt on growth rate of YBa₂Cu₃O₇₋ₓ single crystals
- Time-dependent compositional and morphology change of YBa₂Cu₃O₇₋ₓ semisolid phase
- Coarsening of BaCeO₃ particles in YBa₂Cu₃O₇₋ₓ semisolid melt
- Effect of BaCeO₃ and BaSnO₃ additives on microstructural development and critical current density of melt textured YBa₂Cu₃O₇₋ₓ
- Enhancement of crystal growth in melt texturing Ca-doped Y-Ba-Cu-O superconductors
- Enhancement of crystal growth and superconducting properties of melt textured YBa₂Cu₃O₇₋ₓ through addition of BaCeO₃ and BaSnO₃
- Microstructure, crystal growth and properties of melt textured Nd doped YBa₂Cu₃O₇₋ₓ superconductors
xvii, 130 leaves
© 2006 Oratai Jongprateep, All rights reserved.
Dissertation - Citation
Library of Congress Subject Headings
High temperature superconductivity
Print OCLC #
Link to Catalog Record
Full-text not available: Request this publication directly from Missouri S&T Library or contact your local library.http://laurel.lso.missouri.edu/record=b5842354~S5
Jongprateep, Oratai, "Microstructural control and superconducting properties of YBa₂Cu₃O₇₋ₓ melt textured single crystals" (2006). Doctoral Dissertations. 1685.
Share My Dissertation If you are the author of this work and would like to grant permission to make it openly accessible to all, please click the button above.