Electron-impact ionization of molecules
Electron impact ionization of molecules
Keywords and Phrases
Distorted wave impulse approximation
"Electron-impact ionization of molecules has been a fascinating and intriguing subject for decades. For high incident-electron energy ( ̃thousand eV), the collision dynamics has been well described by the plane wave impulse approximation (PWIA) for most molecules. For intermediate and low incident-electron energy ( ̃hundreds-tens eV) collisions, currently there has been no reliable theoretical approach for studying the micro ionization mechanism. In this dissertation, new distorted wave impulse approximation (DWIA) and molecular three-body approximation (M3DW) are proposed which use an orientation averaged molecular orbital (OAMO) to average all molecular orientations in T-matrix. The new theoretical approaches are used to calculate fully differential cross sections (FDCS) for intermediate and low energy electron-impact ionization of molecules"--Abstract, leaf iv.
Madison, Don H.
Schulz, Michael, 1959-
Hale, Barbara N.
Knight, W. Nicholas (William Nicholas), 1939-
Ph. D. in Physics
University of Missouri--Rolla
Journal article titles appearing in thesis/dissertation
- Distorted wave impulse approximation
- Elementary method for calculating orientation-averaged fully differential electron-impact ionization cross section for molecules
- Distorted wave born and three-body distorted wave born approximation calculations of the fully differential cross section for electron-impact ionization of nitrogen molecules
- Fully differential cross sections for low energy electron-impact ionization of nitrogen molecules
- Interference effects for low-energy electron-impact ionization of nitrogen molecules
- Theoretical calculation of fully differential cross sections for electron-impact ionization of hydrogen molecules
- Theoretical treatment of electron-impact ionization of molecules
- Young-type interference in (E,2E) ionization of H2
- Experimental and theoretical cross sections for coplanar asymmetric ionization of H₂ by 75.3 eV incident energy electrons
xiii, 197 leaves
© 2006 Junfang Gao, All rights reserved.
Dissertation - Citation
Library of Congress Subject Headings
Electron impact ionization
Print OCLC #
Link to Catalog Record
Full-text not available: Request this publication directly from Missouri S&T Library or contact your local library.http://laurel.lso.missouri.edu/record=b5794763~S5
Gao, Junfang, "Electron-impact ionization of molecules" (2006). Doctoral Dissertations. 1666.
Share My Dissertation If you are the author of this work and would like to grant permission to make it openly accessible to all, please click the button above.