Electron-impact ionization of molecules
Electron impact ionization of molecules
Keywords and Phrases
Distorted wave impulse approximation
"Electron-impact ionization of molecules has been a fascinating and intriguing subject for decades. For high incident-electron energy ( ̃thousand eV), the collision dynamics has been well described by the plane wave impulse approximation (PWIA) for most molecules. For intermediate and low incident-electron energy ( ̃hundreds-tens eV) collisions, currently there has been no reliable theoretical approach for studying the micro ionization mechanism. In this dissertation, new distorted wave impulse approximation (DWIA) and molecular three-body approximation (M3DW) are proposed which use an orientation averaged molecular orbital (OAMO) to average all molecular orientations in T-matrix. The new theoretical approaches are used to calculate fully differential cross sections (FDCS) for intermediate and low energy electron-impact ionization of molecules"--Abstract, leaf iv.
Madison, Don H.
Schulz, Michael, 1959-
Hale, Barbara N.
Knight, W. Nicholas (William Nicholas), 1939-
Ph. D. in Physics
University of Missouri--Rolla
Journal article titles appearing in thesis/dissertation
- Distorted wave impulse approximation
- Elementary method for calculating orientation-averaged fully differential electron-impact ionization cross section for molecules
- Distorted wave born and three-body distorted wave born approximation calculations of the fully differential cross section for electron-impact ionization of nitrogen molecules
- Fully differential cross sections for low energy electron-impact ionization of nitrogen molecules
- Interference effects for low-energy electron-impact ionization of nitrogen molecules
- Theoretical calculation of fully differential cross sections for electron-impact ionization of hydrogen molecules
- Theoretical treatment of electron-impact ionization of molecules
- Young-type interference in (E,2E) ionization of H2
- Experimental and theoretical cross sections for coplanar asymmetric ionization of H₂ by 75.3 eV incident energy electrons
xiii, 197 leaves
© 2006 Junfang Gao, All rights reserved.
Dissertation - Citation
Library of Congress Subject Headings
Electron impact ionization
Print OCLC #
Link to Catalog Record
Full-text not available: Request this publication directly from Missouri S&T Library or contact your local library.http://laurel.lso.missouri.edu/record=b5794763~S5
Gao, Junfang, "Electron-impact ionization of molecules" (2006). Doctoral Dissertations. 1666.
This document is currently not available here.